It wouldn't be Spring without whipping up some Infused Lemonades, now would it? Perfect for a picnic or days spent lounging around the garden with friends. I love making these every so often and trying different flavours. I made mine with rose and/or raspberry but you can literally make them with anything! Lavender or strawberries are also really lovely to infuse it with. This is a recipe that I recreated from Lauren Conrads Rose Infused Lemonade. As you can see from my photos, I've made some tweaks to the recipe and added raspberries. They're a really nice touch & add a hint of sweetness!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- lemon slices for garnish
- pink food colouring (optional)
- rose petals
- ice cube tray
- Boil enough water to fill an ice cube tray, let cool, then fill tray
half way. Freeze. Once frozen, place rose petals and raspberries in each cube and fill
to the top with water. Freeze until all cubes are completely frozen.
- Heat sugar and water on stove to dissolve sugar. Put sugar syrup mixture in the fridge and let cool for 2-3 hours.
- Juice lemons. Place lemon juice in a pitcher with sugar syrup, water, and rose water.
- Stir mixture and pour into glasses. Serve with rose petal & raspberry ice cubes. You can also add extra raspberries and lemon slices on top for decoration, as well as a couple drops of pink food colouring.